SL and Samson C01U USB microphone clash

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

bobbyg

SL and Samson C01U USB microphone clash

Post by bobbyg »

Hello everyone,
I was wondering if you could help - I have a much used and well-liked USB mic, a SAMSON CO1U , which I would love to be able to use with SooperLooper, but when I try to activate JackPilot, choosing the Samson as my audio input, JackPilot comes up with a fatal error message and quits.

If anyone can shed any light on how/if I can get this mic working, I would be most grateful.

Thanks
Bob
jesse

Re: SL and Samson C01U USB microphone clash

Post by jesse »

You will need to create an aggregate audio device that contains both your USB mic as input and your normal sound card for output. Open the Audio Midi Setup application (in /Applications/Utilities) and go to the Audio menu and choose "Open Aggregate Device Editor". Once there, add a new device and check the apppropriate checkboxes for the mic and the sound card output. Back in the main window of Audio Midi Setup, make sure each device is set up with the same sample rate.

Then, in JackPilot's Preferences select the new aggregate device you made as the interface. It should start up and let you route the inputs and outputs to/from SL.
bobbyg

Post by bobbyg »

Thank you very much!
That worked, in that JackPilot now starts up and everything seems to be going right, bar the fact that SooperLooper is still recording from the internal mic of my iBook (even though the Aggregate Device uses the Samson mic as its input, and System Preferences>Sound is set to the Samson. In fact everything is set to the Samson, but SL is still connected to the internal mic).
What am I doing wrong?

Again, I really appreciate your time in replying. Thank you!
bobbyg

Post by bobbyg »

sorry, please ignore my last request. i got it figured out now.

cheers for the help!
Wolfseule

Post by Wolfseule »

Hello, actually, our last request is still my problem. I'd like to record from LineIn (my Stylophone for example) and although I set all preferences to Line-In, it does not work. Can anyone explain to me in an idiot-prrof way, how to do that? Thanks in advance.
Victoria

Post by Victoria »

Hello,

I am starting up a Home Studio and already have a USB Microphone but have been told by a few people that this will not provide as good of a quality of sound as a Mic with an XLR or even a TRS connector. Is this true?

Regards
Victoria Heden
Magic Mic Song Chips
honeycrippen12

Post by honeycrippen12 »

may be its true but i just have to share with all of you that i bought a wireless kareoke
mic & i m happy from this amazing setup.
jakjamm

Post by jakjamm »

hi
No every microphone is good rather it is usb or not.
The only thing is company always matter.

Jak