Parameter / Binding help Novation Automap

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

thedowling

Parameter / Binding help Novation Automap

Post by thedowling »

hello,

i'm attempting to set up a Novation Remote Zero SL controller to communicate with SL as a plugin via Ableton LIVE.

with a default plugin controller preset on the remote zero, the Automap software is able to see all the parameters of SL (or a lot of them). with a lot of trial and error clicking, i have been able to assign the individual volumes (wet) of each loop to a fader.

i'd like to assign record, overdub, pause, and trigger (at the very least) to buttons on the Remote.

the first problem i can't seem to solve is assigning REC to a button and having it behave as the button in the SL GUI does.
that is: on press 1 in the SL GUI, the loop records and on press 2 of the 'record' button it goes into play.

Automap's learn function sees the record button as having the parameter: 1-record_or_overdub [cmd]

if i assign this to the Remote button, the result is: press 1- record, press 2- stop (not play)

*interestingly: if i press 'record' in the SL GUI first, then hit the button assigned with 1-record_or_overdub [cmd], it *does* go into play mode. then, 2 presses later it goes into overdub, then on the 3rd press: stops.

any tips on how i might assign some controller buttons to REC on press 1 and PLAY on press 2?