Midi assignment question

Talk about your MIDI bindings and controller setup

Moderator: jesse

chief

Midi assignment question

Post by chief »

Hey Jesse,

A quick question. I've been using SL with the new Line 6 FBV MkII board (USB powered - small - very cool).

There were a couple of assignments I was trying to set up but I didn't see them on the list. Did I miss something?

here's what I wanted to assign -

Main Mon level (wanted to assign so I could do a global "fade out")
Rev
1/2 speed
2x speed

While I'm at it a feature request - would it be possible to make every item in the gui midi controllable in the next version? Mostly what I do is improvised accompaniment to film - so being able to control everything from a floorboard controller (rather than hunching over a keyboard) is really helpful.

In case anyone else is interested - I've laid out screenshots from all the rig stuff here:

http://guitarchitecture.org/2010/05/27/ ... james-dio/

btw - SL kicks ass! In top 3 investments I've made (other two are a guitar and a laptop)

THANKS!!

Thanks!
jesse

Re: Midi assignment question

Post by jesse »

A few are a little tricky to figure out by names alone... right-click on the GUI control and Learn MIDI Binding is your friend here, BTW.....

Main Input Monitoring level is 'dry' with Global as the loop#
Rev is [cmd] reverse
1/2 and 2x speed are 'rate' control with the target min and max range values set to the same appropriate value (eg both 0.5 for 1/2x or both 2 for 2x).

Pretty much every item in the gui is controllable, right-click (or ctrl-click on a single button mac setup) to bring up the context menu that lets you do a midi learn binding.
chief

Re: Midi assignment question

Post by chief »

Thanks Jesse!!! I assumed that I was just being a dumb ass - This is hugely helpful!!