SooperLooper Routing In Ableton 9

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

SquimbellyToes

SooperLooper Routing In Ableton 9

Post by SquimbellyToes »

Hello Folks;

I've just installed the latest version of SooperLooper for use on a Mac, within Live 9. However, I'm having some issues I'm hoping someone could help me with. I've uploaded a screen shot of my session to illustrate my questions.

1. My SooperLooper session has 4 loops, but in Live only 3 channels are available: 3/4-SooperLooperAU, 5/6-SooperLooperAU, and 7/8-SooperLooperAU. How do I get a fourth channel to be revealed to Live?
2. There is no channel 1/2-SooperLooperAU - why?
3. To address the fact that there are 3 channels revealed by SooperLooper, I created an audio track per SooperLooper channel: SL 1 for 3/4-SooperLooperAU, SL 2 for 5/6-SooperLooperAU, and SL 3 for 7/8-SooperLooperAU. Is there a way to route audio to all SooperLooper channels from one audio track?
4. Where might I find documentation on the SooperLooper Preferences window, as shown in my screen shot? I'd like to know what the "# Loops", "#Channels per loop", and "Separate I/O ports" options provide.
5. Ableton quantizes your loops very nicely so that you don't need to worry about messy endings to your loops. How do I get the same functionality in SooperLooper?
6. Finally, might anyone have an Ableton Live set they're willing to share so that I may investigate your routings and assignments?

Thank you very much,
S.T.
Attachments
SooperLooper, SooperLooper Preferences, and Live
SooperLooper, SooperLooper Preferences, and Live
SooperLooper-and-Ableton.gif (249.44 KiB) Viewed 11905 times