SooperLooper crashing immediately after opening please help!

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

Aloysius

SooperLooper crashing immediately after opening please help!

Post by Aloysius »

Hi,

I had been using SL for a while when all of a sudden it was not loading loops but instead saying "Choose file to open on remote host". I could not fix this problem so deleted that version of SL and installed the latest one. Now every time i open it, it crashes instantly. Using the stand alone software with JackPilot btw. Please help!

Also I have had some problems in the past connected to the internet connection strangely. If the internet was down, SL wouldn't work until i switched off airport on my mac.

Hope to hear from someone soon! Jesse??

Alex

Here are the details of the crash report
Last edited by kasbah on Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: moved pasted report to a gist
kasbah

Re: SooperLooper crashing immediately after opening please h

Post by kasbah »

From your crash report it seems that you are using version 1.6.14 which is not the latest version.

Could you re-install 1.6.18 please.

The "Choose file to open on remote host" is a known issue.
Aloysius

Re: SooperLooper crashing immediately after opening please h

Post by Aloysius »

Thanks for getting back to me.

Yes, that particular time i was experimenting with older versions. After SL has crashed i can't delete it from trash until the computer is reset, as if it is constantly running in the background. I was aware of the "remote host" problems effecting loading / saving but now my problem is as bad as it can be, the software crashes instantly!

I was hoping to use this for a gig coming up, so any suggestions are more than welcome. I'd be happy to donate to say thanks for a fix.

Could it be a problem with jackpilot or the audio interface? All had been working perfectly before and seemed to just stop for no obvious reason!

Thanks,

Alex

Details of current version crash
Last edited by kasbah on Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: pasting report into gist
Aloysius

Re: SooperLooper crashing immediately after opening SOLVED

Post by Aloysius »

Fixed it somehow.

Managed to get it to open by starting SL before starting JAckPilot, then changing the startup default settings on SL to Host: 127.0.0.1 Port: 10051.

The latest version was still giving me the "local host" problem so downloaded .16 and it now seems to work fine.

Thanks,

A