M Audio Interface Recognition

Problems getting SL up and running on a Mac? Post here.

Moderator: jesse

5happiness

M Audio Interface Recognition

Post by 5happiness »

Hi- I am a guitarist with mild-to-severe technological illiteracy. Nevertheless, I now seek to use sooperlooper for live performances and as a composition tool. I've downloaded the requisite software (Sl, Jack, Midi patchbay) and every thing seems to be in place. I watched some tutorials and thought I understood how to route Sl to my audio Interface (M Audio fasttrack ultra) using jack. I started Jack, opened SL, and routed as per the video tutorial; however, SL still responds to my internal microphone instead of the mic that is connected to my interface even though I have selected the M Audio interface for input/output in all of my preferences. Does that make sense?

Note: I have been using my audio interface successfully with logic and I noticed that some of you talk about running SL within logic (or something like that). Is that what I should be doing?

Thanks for the help. And sorry I can't explain myself better.
5happiness

Re: M Audio Interface Recognition

Post by 5happiness »

Also: Even though all of my audio I/O runs through my interface, SL still records using the internal mic and plays back though my laptops internal speakers. iTunes, Logic, etc. plays through my headphones, which are connected to the audio interface. Weird, huh? Just thought that might help someone diagnose the problem.

Thanks again.
kasbah

Re: M Audio Interface Recognition

Post by kasbah »

This is probably overkill but I would suggest these steps:
  1. Turn off all applications that use audio
  2. Start Jack
  3. Make sure your M-Audio card is selected
  4. Start the Jack Server
  5. Start Sooperlooper
  6. Connect SooperLooper in Jack
Alternatively you can use SL as an AudioUnit plugin in Logic.