Next loop question for a noobie.

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

sealpt

Next loop question for a noobie.

Post by sealpt »

Hi guys,

I'm new to sooperlooper, but am really impresses do far.

I used to own the Echoplex and it has a feature where you could use "next loop". Basically you could have say a fast paced loop in the 1st loop (like a chorus riff), and a slower paced loop in the 2nd loop (like a verse loop). You could switch between these loops by hitting the foot pedal. While the first loop played I would hit the pedal and after loop 1 was done, it would move to loop 2 on the beat. Both loops would not be playing at the same time.

Does the sooperlooper have this? I don't believe that it does, but is there a way to pull this off? I did notice a "solo" button on the midi bindings that I thought would work, but it just seems to unravel at certain points.

Any suggestions on this loop issue?

Thank you,
Shawn
jesse

Re: Next loop question for a noobie.

Post by jesse »

You're right that it doesn't have a NextLoop like the EDP. I did try to add the solo commands to try to make up for it, but it probably isn't ideal. Have you tried switching between two loops by making bindings for solo_next and solo_prev along with one of the quantize options? When I get some time I will revisit it and give you better advice.....
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

Hi Jesse,

That was kind of the path I was going on just this evening. I tried doing some mute things but that just didn't seem to work well. The actual solo binding worked much better. I'll experiment more this Sunday when I get back into town.

Also, I noticed that there are some numbers that are 1/1 (one over one) right next to the main recording clock. Is that part of the "next loop" experiment? The way I figured it was that the top number would have been the loop number currently playing, and the bottom number would show how many loops are actually stored or something. Would that be correct? Just more curious on that one.

Anyway, I'll work with it more.

Thank you for your time,
Shawn
jesse

Post by jesse »

Those numbers are the "cycle/total_cycles" that you might be familiar with in EDP when you multiply a loop.
sealpt

Post by sealpt »

I think for the most part that solo aspect is going to work for me. I'm still working at it all.

Thank you,
Shawn