mute disables when session is triggered

Describe your looping workflow

Moderator: jesse

jacq

mute disables when session is triggered

Post by jacq »

Hi there :)

I was wondering if there is any way to keep an individual loop muted when triggering a session. I'm using an FCB101 with the uno upgrade, and a 3 loop setup in sooperlooper. Loop 1 has sync checked and loops 2 and 3 have sync and sync play checked. All Quantised to cycle.I use a spare pedal to mute loop 2, and I want loop 2 to remain muted when I trigger the session. Currently, the loop un-mutes when the session is triggered...

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Jacq :)
jesse

Re: mute disables when session is triggered

Post by jesse »

I can put that on the TODO list. By "session triggered" I assume you mean when the plugin host starts up the transport?
jacq

Post by jacq »

I mean when using the command "trigger" to start my loops from the beginning, any loop that was muted automatically unmutes. I was wondering if there was a sneaky command I missed that allows mute to continue working, even when the session has been triggered multiple times... That way I could bring muted loops back in whenever I wanted...

Thanks Jesse, sorry for the bogus description
jacq

Post by jacq »

Any takers on this one? I have a gig next week and I'm pretty keen to find a solution asap..
jesse

Post by jesse »

The only way I can think of with the current version is to bind controls to the loop output level controls. You can make a binding that sets the gain to 0, then another to set it back to 1. To make such a binding, you just set the target range min and max to be the same number (0 or 1 in this case), and you can use any midi event for that.
jacq

Post by jacq »

Trying to suss this out, but I'm not sure what command/control should be selected... Also, I only have one spare pedal :S Any thoughts?
jesse

Post by jesse »

The control I was referring to is called wet. But if you only have one button left, my idea probably won't work for you.
jacq

Post by jacq »

Works a treat. Sacrificed a pedal in lieu of an overdub. Cheers Jesse :) Muchos Nachos.