Glad to have found SL!

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

Spivak

Glad to have found SL!

Post by Spivak »

Hiya,

Believe it or not, I made something approaching SL/EDP functionality in Pure Data a few years ago when I got obsessed with looping with multiple sources and outputs as it became more difficult to organize jams with friends for various reasons. Though a bit of a mess under the hood, it looked and functioned pretty well as a proof of concept, and I had become determined to redo it from the ground up using the JUCE framework so I could have better integration inside a DAW. Enter SL. Hah! It would have saved me hours or work had I located your work earlier. I can't wait to hunker down and put it to the test when I get a few days to play around. I used the Keith McMillen Instruments SoftStep 2 to control my PD looper and look forward to setting up some mappings for SL. My ultimate goal is to have multiple musicians playing and looping together at some point, though in the meantime, I love looping solo to build up song ideas and compositions or just practice. Anyway, cheers to you, and have a great 2021. I'm sure I will be back in the forums when I get stuck on something in the future!

S