DAW Setup

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

gregsinibaldi

DAW Setup

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Hi all,

I'm trying to setup SL in Reaper for a live performance rig. I'm new to running SL as an AU or VST but not to SL as a standalone. I'm trying to integrate my setup a bit.

In Reaper I have a number of midi instruments as well as audio in. I have SL on my master out track and that works fine. I'm able to record, loop, mangle etc.

However I'd like to record my performance within Reaper. If SL is on my master track I cant record it. I tried putting SL on its own track but then I could only get whatever sound was routed to the "In". I cant get all my Midi instruments and audio in into SL. I'm not convinced theres not a routing solution but I havent been able to figure it out

Whats the best way to set this up. Am I doing it right?

Thanks for any help
jesse

Re: DAW Setup

Post by jesse »

You would need to add sends in all your tracks that you want to get into SL, and have them sending to a dedicated bus/track that SL is inserted in. That way SL hears everything that you send to it, but you can take the output of that SL bus/track and possibly send it to another track for recording or maybe even record with the track itself. I'm not totally sure how Reaper is set up in that regard...

Or, you could just use the Save live output to disk (bounce)... feature in reaper to record the output of your master track.
gregsinibaldi

Re: DAW Setup

Post by gregsinibaldi »

Thanks Jesse! I didnt know about the Save live output to disc trick!

Greg