MAX MSP VST~ not outputing discrete out channels

Anything that doesn't fit anywhere else

Moderator: jesse

justing

MAX MSP VST~ not outputing discrete out channels

Post by justing »

Hi Jesse
Thanks for building such a powerful bit of software. I'm just discovering what it can do.
Here's my problem. I'm sending audio into SL as a vst~ object in Max/Msp which I then want to output the audio from 3 separate loops into different output lines to be processed separately. However even if I tell the Max/Msp object to have multiple outputs (using an argument), SL still seems to route all loop outputs to 1-2 which prevents me from processing the signals differently.
Is there a way I can tell the SL Audio Unit to send different loop outputs to separate outputs in the object?

I have tried to go about this problem by having 2 different GUIs running (ie. two separate vst~ objects) but they won't seem to sync to the Max global transport.

Any help from anyone on this would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Justin
PS. I'm on Mac using Lion.
kasbah

Re: MAX MSP VST~ not outputing discrete out channels

Post by kasbah »

I believe the AU plugin has the limitation of only being able to use the main outputs. If you need discrete inputs and outputs then you will need to use the stand-alone jack application.

(Someone correct me if I am wrong, I have never actually tried this/been able to confirm this)