Great. Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll be sure to send the Maxpatch your way when I'm done with it. This is something I've been working on off and on for the past two years, and this is the third time I've restarted from scratch, now in MaxMSP instead of PureData. The program is meant to act as a wrapper and interface for SL for looping and Logic for effects and output (as well as a manager for the MIDI and audio connections between them), with scripting and support for dynamic key-mapping from a homemade footswitch array, all meant to make pre-scripted and improvisational performances as painless and creative as possible.
As I said, this is the third reincarnation of the project, as the previous two attempts became messy, unreliable, and unmanageable over time. I've got a good feeling about it this time.