Midi feedback of SL staus

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

rasmusfris

Midi feedback of SL staus

Post by rasmusfris »

Hi Jesse...... I really love SL and all the great features that it already do provide, thanks for sharing your knowledge and hard work!!
One thing I do think could be usefull, would be full midi feedback of current parameter status, .......this way SL could work like a dedicated hardware device, without a monitor! It would be great to have a midi binding setup for outgoing midi messages like the one for incomming , this way it could match difrent midi controllers.......A fullblown midi floorboard can be realized from Thorsten Klose´s fantastic free DIY midi projects ##www.ucapps.de##.....I have done quite a few of them and they do work exelent!!it could allso prowide full visual parameter feedback via leds!
here is the current DIY controller I use for SL.......

Sincerely Rasmus
Attachments
DSC00617.JPG
DSC00617.JPG (151.43 KiB) Viewed 15281 times
DSC00613.JPG
DSC00613.JPG (161.59 KiB) Viewed 15285 times
Coop4Music

Re: Midi feedback of SL staus

Post by Coop4Music »

Wow, awesome controller rasmus! Which on the list of DIY kits is that? Could the buttons be swapped for some momentary switches?
rasmusfris

Re: Midi feedback of SL staus

Post by rasmusfris »

Hi Coop! Thanks :D

The controller is based on a midibox 64, wich can support up to 64 buttons + 64 pots + 64 leds,
All the buttons on my one is momentary exept the one in the upper right corner wich I have made for switching between bank A/B ......... meaning that this box actually has 32 button inputs and the A/B button do dicide wich a the 2 x 15 buttons are activated, this is not the most optimal way to construct it but otherwise the bank swithing has to be "programmed" in to the pic controller and I did not have thepatience to do that ;) The box I have made has 2 inputs for expression pedals, normal ones like the roland with about 10k pots will work great......max-min values can be programmed here as well
All the buttons can be programmed to send all kind of midi messages and to send on, on/off, or toggle messages!
If you need further advise, you are welcome to contact me rasmusfris@email.dk

Sincerely Rasmus