one_shot but don't restart

Discuss future feature requests. All ideas welcome.

Moderator: jesse

kasbah

one_shot but don't restart

Post by kasbah »

From my LINE-6 delay/looper pedal I have gotten used to the "once" button playing to the end of the loop and stopping without restarting the loop when you press it. The one_shot command in SL seems to restart the loop each time you press it. I would like to request either another command that will do the same thing but won't restart the loop or an option to stop one_shot from re-starting the loop

P.S. Awesome program!
jesse

Re: one_shot but don't restart

Post by jesse »

I guess I'm missing something here. What state is the loop in *before* you press your requested command? Is it actively looping? Do you just want it to mute after getting to the end, when you hit it during loop playback? There is a way to do that now, by turning on quantize to loop, and enabling mute quantize option. However, the quantize feature will affect other stuff that you may not want it to.
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

When it is actively looping I wouldn't want "once" to "trigger" the loop again but just play it to the end and then mute or stop.

When I set "quantize to loop" and "mute quantize" it doesn't seem to do what I want but still "triggers" the loop to start over.
jesse

Post by jesse »

You hit *Mute* and it waits until the end of the loop before it actually mutes, which is what you want, I believe...
kasbah

Post by kasbah »

Ah yes I see. That will do for me I guess and I can still toggle "quantize mute" to get back to the regular mute functionality. It doesn't seem to affect anything else I am doing for the minute as I haven't been using the quantize features.