strange behaviour

Report anything that appears to be a bug here.

Moderator: jesse

taittinger

strange behaviour

Post by taittinger »

i just updated to the newest version of sooperlooper, and, since doing so, a couple of times the following has happened:
a yellow box appears around a loop (this is the new visual to indicate that a loop is selected, i assume?)...and, simultaneously, all audio is muted. i have those commands (select loop #, mute all) programmed separately, but not together.

the last time it happened was when i launched the "overdub loop 1" command.

i upgraded to ableton 8.2.6 at the same time as the sooperlooper update. otherwise, nothing has changed in my setup. i'm using sooperlooper inside ableton, controlled by softstep, mac 10.6.8

plus, i still have the issue i've reported a few times over the years, where i get an audible clicking sound when i go out of overdub mode (i.e., after recording the overdub...when i hit the "overdub" button again to exit overdub mode there's a click...it doesn't get recorded into the loop, but it's audible in performance)...i've learned to work around that, but if this new anomaly continues to happen, it's going to be a problem. has anyone else experienced this sort of behaviour in the new version?

thanks, as always, for the helpful advice from this board, and for the great software!
jesse

Re: strange behaviour

Post by jesse »

When it happens again, try to note exactly what you did just prior, and even better save an SL session and post that so I can see a snapshot of all your settings. Are you doing the MIDI bindings within SL directly, or via plugin parameter bindings in Live?
taittinger

Re: strange behaviour

Post by taittinger »

thanks for the quick reply! i'm doing the bindings directly in sooperlooper. will try to post info if it happens again...
have a great thanksgiving!