Repeatable crash...

Using SL inside Apple's MainStage

Moderator: jesse

stephen kemp

Repeatable crash...

Post by stephen kemp »

Well, I love Sooperlooper, but... when I switch from layout to edit mode Mainstage 2 always crashes, saying it's the Sooperlooper AU plug-in causing this behaviour... has anyone else run into this one? FYI I'm running the latest versions of everything on a 2009 Macbook Pro.

Also, I regularly end my recording using the Overdub command - but when I finish the Overdub, I get a loud click - not recorded, but very annoying for live use - again, has anyone else experienced this? Any suggested fixes (I assume it's some sort of buffer problem, but my Audio settings have no effect)

Thanks for any suggestions...

Stephen K
JeffHendricks

Re: Repeatable crash...

Post by JeffHendricks »

Does it do it when running it as a standalone? Or just in MainStage?
stephen kemp

Post by stephen kemp »

Hi Jeff

The sound glitch happens when Sooperlooper runs standalone with Jack and also when running as an AU inside Mainstage, Logic and garageband... I'm kind of thinking it doesn't like my sound card drivers (a NI Guitar Rig Kontrol 24bit 44.1k) - but there are no options to tweak this other than latency which has no effect sadly. This doesn't explain the crashes in Mainstage of course... odd that no one else has reported this, but that's computers for you...

FWIW I have tried running Mobius which seems to be glitch free - I find it a little crankier to use, but I guess that will have to be the way forward if I can't find a fix...

Stephen
JeffHendricks

Post by JeffHendricks »

Have you tried running the sound card in 16-bit mode? I really don't know if that's the issue, just trying to help you eliminate possibilities.
stephen kemp

Post by stephen kemp »

Hi Jeff

Yep that was my thought too - but there's no option to do so - only to increase the sample rate, when like you I'm guessing it might help to lower the data throughput.

Clearly it's something to do with my set up - but a weird one as it's a clean install of everything on a new-ish mac pro - so it goes - thanks for the suggestion tho!

Best

Stephen